The Pinhole World - Entries Now Closed!
Many thanks to all who submitted, now for the fun part selecting the images to be included.
This year, Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD) falls on 29 April 2018. A group of (fool)hardy pinhole photographers will be visiting Norwich in the UK over the weekend of 29 April. To coincide with WPPD, I am organising an exhibition of pinhole photography at a bar in in the city centre (venue to be announced). This exhibition will run from 23 April to 6 May 2018, the theme is "The Pinhole World" and I would love it if you submitted an entry for the exhibition.
As the photographers coming to Norwich are from many different locations across the globe, I want to bring the world to Norwich. Therefore all entries must be images made within a 10 mile radius of the entrant's home. Please note that you do not need to be one of the travellers to Norwich to participate, but of course we'd welcome you to be part of the group. Details of the event can be found here (note that this will be updated on an ongoing basis prior to WPPD).
Please feel free to contact me if you'd like any information (either about WPPD, and the events planned in Norwich, or this call for entries).
Details of the call for entries
Images must be:
- Pinhole photographs made within a 10 mile radius of your home (up to 5 images can be submitted)
- Family friendly (the judge, i.e. me, will make the final call on this in case of any doubt)
- Your own work (filmswaps are acceptable, but please confirm in the comments you have the permission of the other photographer to enter the image)
- After I receive your entry form, I will contact you to provide details of how to upload your images (unfortunately you cannot upload directly here) - uploads must be made within 1 week of receiving the upload link from me
- Please submit images no larger than 1000x1000 pixels, with a file size no larger than 1MB - if selected, I will contact you to obtain a high-res image for printing (see also below)
- Please include your name and the image title in the filename
- Please note if you will be able to provide a print of your image (if selected) and confirm how this will be mounted (in the comments field of the form) - note that the photographer will be responsible for shipping costs to/from Norwich
- If you cannot provide a print, I will arrange printing and mounting on foamboard - I will pay for this but note below re. exhibition costs
- There is no entry or participation fee
- I will contact all selected photographers to ask for a donation to cover the exhibition costs (this is entirely at the photographers discretion and is not a condition of entry) - any excess will be donated to a local homeless charity
- Images can be made available for sale, the photographer sets the price but note that the bar will take a commission from any sales
- I am the judge
- I will not enter into discussion regarding the images that are/are not selected
- Images will be selected on entirely subjective criteria such as artiness, feeling squidgy when I look at it, family friendliness etc
- I AM THE JUDGE